If you read nothing else, please read the "General Rules"
One rank is avalible for purchase to unlock easily abused features like E2, a higher prop limit, etc. All jobs/entities will always be free and unlockable! type !donate for more information.
This server is in beta - please leave feedback @ www.ag-community.com
Depending on the economy and balancing, money & XP may be reset before the beta period ends. This is not set in stone.
We are taking active suggestions and utalizing them on a weekly basis.
Updates happen on next restart & deployment.
- 9/6/19 - server launched
1) You do not need to advert your actions (raid/mug/escape/etc.)
2) You may mug with the mic, but a hotkey/text must be used once to state there is a mug and the asked amount (no more than $5000)
3) This server does not use FearRP FearRP is when you "must do what someone says" because they have a gun out.
4) You may never suicide to avoid RP. Using entities that kill (lift, doors) to purposely avoid RP/arrest is prohibited.
5) NLR time is 5min, or until the raid ends. Whichever comes first. Politely ask in OOC if the raid is over.
6) You may not kill someone "because they are killing/arresting your friend" you must be actively grouped together (using /job "GANG NAME", on the same default team. See grouping term)
8) Fadingdoors must be 8sec minimum, with a max of 3 per base/cell. Do not spam multiple fadingdoors together to bypass a battering ram. See "building rules"
9) Do not minge/troll. If you are acting like a "dipshit" and on the edge of the rules, an admin can punish you.
10) Do not bait police, that term is defined in the terminology section.
11) You cannot enforce laws as a non-police jobs unless the rules state otherwise.
12) No spam of any kind. Chat, flashlight, etc.
13) Do not RDM or RDA other players.
14) While building, you may not propblock or deny raiders access to your base.
15) Use common sense, any attempt to "loophole" or "lawyer" the MOTD is not permitted. Admins have descresion, even when a rule isn't clearly listed but otherwise obvious (like logging off during jail)
!Votekick, !voteban and /demote rules
A violation of !votekick & !voteban rules is a 24 hour ban without exception.
A violation of a /demote rule is a minor offence.
We intend to phase out or restrict these commands as our admin team grows.
1) Votekick and voteban may only be used for: Mass RDM, Mass arrest, server-wide spam, spawnblock/essential area blocking, minging/bothering the majority of players, or other offences that put many players at risk. NOT for minor offences like singular RDM, singular RDA, OOC insulting, etc.
2) Votekick and voteban may not be used to remove players you dislike/are annoying you.
3) If an admin is on and not AFK, !votekick and !voteban may not be used. An exception is pure neglet to stop mass RDM, propspam and spawn/tunnel block.
1) Demote is ONLY for job related abuses, and can be an RP event or admin related event.
Examples of valid demote: Mayor made invalid law(A), cop random arresting(A), gundealer not selling(RP/A), gundealer basing (A), random warrant (A), fired for ignoring orders (RP), placing hits as a cop (RP), taking bribes for unarrest (RP)
Examples of invalid demote: RDM, NLR, OOC spam, propblock, suicide to avoid RP.
2) In cases where a server rule overlaps with a job rule, it is strongly advised to call an admin first. Examples marked with just (A).
3) If more than 3 admins are on and active, demote may only be used for RP purposes.
4) An official may not be demoted for RP reasons (ex: "impeached", "overly strict mayor", "incompetent MS-13 leader") unless first killed.
1) Advertising other servers is a permaban.
2) "Admin disrespect" is not a valid offence. You can insult and critize admins, and they may do the same to you. But you are both still held to the chat rules.
3) Do not spam in the mic or any chats. Playing music via mic is only permitted in isolated areas. Any complaints that are warranted mean it must stop.
4) Please don't advertise raids and events. This isn't an official rule, but can result in a /want or arrest.
5) Racism in OOC chat is not permitted, in-game use is at an admin's discretion, and can be met with RP actions (kill, etc.)
6) Do not metagame. Anything related to RP must be in loal test, mic or advert. OOC is for OOC events.
7) When using mic or local chat for OOC (admin situations, etc.) you are heald to the OOC chat rules.
8) Insults and criticisms are permitted in OOC. Keep it in good taste. If it starts to get spammy, admins can mandate you take it to /pm or stop.
Laws and sections marked with an * may not be changed or overriden by a mayor.
Use common sense. For example, just because "advertising hits" isn't listed here, it is obviously illegal. Anything "obviously illegal" is illegal.
1) *Money printers are illegal, XP printers are permitted.
2) *Murder, mugging and extortion is illegal
3) *Placing and accepting hits is illegal
4) Lifting lawful arrests made by yourself or anyone else through bribery/"bail" or other means is unlawful/ (demote/dicipline)
5) Weapons above a pistol are illegal (*unless only posessed in a base)
6) having any weapon equipped in public is unlawful.
7) All drugs and drug production is illegal
8) Disrespect and/or threats to officials is unlawful
9) Threats to another citizen are unlawful
10) *Gundealers have some amnesty. You may not make gundealing unlawful or AOS them for selling, or AOS/weaponcheck people for buying.
Police raid rules
1) If someone in your base broke a law, everyone in that base can be killed/arrested.
2) In cases of wanted person(s) being in a base, if that's the sole reason for the warrant, the raid must be stopped if they exit w/o incident.
2) Police raids must have a valid reason and be related to the laws.
If your job is not included in any of these categories, the basic rules in the job description apply.
Rules in job desc. apply in all cases, but MOTD always overrides.
1) All keypads must be at least 8sec or toggled.
2) No "one way" textures/props can be part of a raid setup. One way props/textures are only transparent in one direction. One way props can be used otherwise.
4) A raider must be able to gain access to your items through only three (or less) keypad cracks. This means a base with three doors may have up to 6 total keypads depending on the setup.
6) A raider must be able to get to your items with three or less buttons being pressed.
7) Buttons must be toggled - this can be done via faidingdoors settings.
8) No mazes or intentionally disorienting raiding setups are permitted.
9) A raider must be able to gain access to your base/items without crouching or jumping.
10) A fadingdoor with a button in your raid setup counts as a keypad if the raider must use it to get into your base.
An exception is if this door leads to your safe or is placed later on in the base; not in the shootingwindow setup.
Raid setup & shootingwindow
1) Shootingwindow buttons must be right next to the window they toggle.
2) Shootingwindows may only be controlled & activated by buttons.
3) Shootingwindows must be transparent enough to see eachother at a distance.
4) Shootingwindows must be 4 PHX grid blocks off the ground high, and 8 PHX grid blocks wide.
The 1x2 PHX prop is the minimum height prop.
5) Shootingwindowss themselves must be at least 2 PHX grid blocks high.
6) Shootingwindows must be at least (approx) %40 transparent.
7) Shootingwindows can only be on the sides of your raid setup. They cannot be on ceilings/roofs/floors. 8) No fake keypads or traps in your raiding area are permitted. 05x2 is the minimum prop allowed for a shootingwindow. Simply search "05x2" to find it.
8) Fence props, or other non bulletproof props cannot be textured, and must be transparent if used in a base.
Minimum shootingwindow size
A prime example of a legal shootingwindow. The blue is the minimum shootingwindow itself, the red is the minimum height. There is no rules for how large the space above a shootingwindow must be - so long as the raiders aren't crouching it is permitted.
Base extensions and outside building.
Only hobo/homeless classes that state it in the job description are permitted can build in random areas of the map. Even then, they may not have keypads.
Base extensions are permitted. You can build on balconies and areas that are outside of your base, just avoid making the extensins intrusive or massive.
E2 and wire rules
1) No E2 shootingwindows.
2) Wire and E2 alarms are permitted and encouraged, but may not become spammy.
3) You can use an E2/wire to enter or exit a base.
4) You may not use a wire based door as a shootingwindow. If you enter, wait 30sec between exiting again and vice versa.
5) You may use E2/wire doors to escape a chase. If a player gets trapped, they can be killed.
6) If a Noclip permitted player is trapped, they can NoClip to get out, but they must go in the direction further away from the base's entrances. Elaborated in "admin rules"
7) E2/wire cannot apply player decals, like trails.
8) Do not sound emitter spam. Sound emitters are only permitted within or right next to your own doors/base.
KOS sign rules
1) KOS signs are permitted
2) KOS signs may not be used for general/open-area buildings - only raiding setups & bases.
3) Anyone entering your base during an active raid can be KOS regardless of a sign.
4) Entire areas of the map, like a cellblock or segment of the town can NOT be a KOS zone.
You may only place a KOS zone in a building/zone you own. Directly outside your door or base ext.
Admins must warn first for minor offences, followed by a kick and then a ban. An exception is a player who is a habitual offender proven via AWarn.
Players are owed an explanation of the rules for their offences. These punishment guidelines serve to protect from an abusive or otherwise mistaken admin.
Admins may use discretion within reason. This is a guideline, not a solid list. A kick may be replaced with no less than a 400sec !jail.
Major offences and permaban offences require no warning or prior history
A note to our players: Please respect your admins and try to make their jobs easier. Being punished is annoying, but necessary - even the most productive of players are subject to it. The process to become an admin is far more difficult on our server than it is on most. Admins on American Gaming Community are held to a high standard, but they make mistakes - As do you. Please try to work things out via /pm before opening a report. Admins here earned their position by contributing and being a good-standing member of our community. We don't have paid admin and reply on VIP - they do it to make everyone's experience better. Admin sits are painful for everyone, so please be kind!
1) Propblock of any essential area (spawn, hallways, main doors) [Min. permaban]
2) Mass RDM with no RP intent. (3-5+ people in a short period) [Min. 2 weeks]
3) Mass RDA with no RP intent (3-5+ people in a short period) [Min. 2 weeks]
4) Threats to DDOS, and/or releasing personal information of other players.[Min. perma]
5) Exploitation and crash attempts (Beta testers are exempt unless they display intent to disrupt) [Min. perma]
6) Propspam or entity spam with attempt to disrupt or crash the server. [Min. 1 month, perma if server lags]
7) Advertising other servers or communities. [Min. permaban]
8) Any offence that poses a threat to the server's stability or that may cause a large portion of players to disconnect.
1) Propspam or entityspam without intent to crash the server [min. 3 days]
2) RDM/RDA without any intent to RP of multiple players that doesn't meet "mass RDM" threshhold. [3 days-1 week]
3) Any offence that disrupts gameplay intentionally, but does not pose a threat to the server's stability.
1) Most violations of job rules and basic MOTD rules. [Warn, kick, ban]
2) "two strikes" - being warned, kicked and then returning. [600sec jail - 24hr ban]
3) Mass random unarrest [Job demote on the spot]
4) Single cases of RDM or RDA [Warn, kick, ban]
5) Minor propblock cases [Warn, kick, ban]
6) Minging/trolling - playing the server with no intent to RP and with the intent to be an annoyance/disruptor. May skate the rules but not overtly break them. Intent must be evident. [Warn, kick, ban]